Ok, so bear with me on this one…. I often focus largely on what we eat and exercise, but actually health and wellness is more than that. How we eat has a massive impact on our ability to process and use the food we consume and the stress carried in the body also affects that. Eating (no matter how healthy) in a stressed state affects your digestive system to the point where it does not work effectively – it can basically shut down. Which is why if you often feel bloated after eating in a rush, or still hungry after eating a meal quickly, you may be in a stressed state (pressure, rush, trying to do too many things etc..). A key to this is relaxation. Simple breathing exercises can greatly improve your health in numerous ways, such as:
* Allowing your body to create more energy, leading to less exhaustion
* Easier elimination of waste products and toxins, so that your metabolism can work more efficiently
* Better, more restful sleep
* Improved muscles, joints, and circulation of oxygen to all of your body
* Balanced and stable blood sugar levels
If this affects you, try some deep breathing exercises for 5 mins before every meal – breath in for 5 seconds, hold for 2 seconds and breath out for 7 seconds.
Let me know if it works for you!